Monday 22 August 2016

Fireman Sam Cake!


Made for a little guys 2nd birthday! I was sent a photo of this pretty sweet design from the customer so I can't take credit for that. For this I baked two vanilla sponges but I'd have liked it to have had a little more height so I'm going to experiment with more layers in the future. Unfortunately with this one I had a huge air bubble around the back of the cake :( They're pretty unavoidable but I thought they only really occurred whilst you're rolling out the icing. To fix them you just need to poke a pin through the fondant and gently ease out the air with your fingers, but unfortunately you need to watch out for them once the icing is on the cake too or else they'll turn into tumors! That's what happened to mine, although I tried to disguise it with flames as best as I could. I'll know for next time! The cupcakes were a mix of chocolate sponge with vanilla buttercream icing and vanilla sponge with chocolate icing.






No comments:

Post a Comment